Website Privacy and Security Policies
[If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or use the Contact form.]
As a member of Kehila Chadasha or a visitor to its website, your privacy and the security of your personal information are very important. Kehila Chadasha is providing the following information so that you will understand its policies and practices in this regard.
- IP addresses (your computer’s identifying information) are tracked to measure traffic on this website, not to track individuals’ usage patterns. In particular, tracking of IP addresses is used to inform Kehila Chadasha’s Board and Website Committee on issues that are important to website management and planning, such as which sections or pages are used the most.
- Kehila Chadasha’s website does not automatically collect any individually identifiable information, such as e-mail addresses, from visitors. The website may collect information that is not personally identifiable, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Comcast, or Earthlink).
- When users give personally identifiable information on this website, the information is protected both online and offline. In particular, when you are asked to enter credit card information, it is protected by the best security measures available, including encryption, an SSL transmission connection, and a secure server for information storage. Once your credit card has been processed, your credit card information is not stored on the website’s servers.
- Kehila Chadasha does everything possible to protect its members’ and registered visitors’ personal information offline as well. The sections of the website site that allow you to make payments are restricted to Kehila Chadasha members who may need the information to perform their official duties (including Kehila Chadasha’s Treasurer, High Holiday Committee Chairs, Tzedakah Chair, Website Administrators, and President).
Privacy Policies Pertaining to Non-Members
- General public visitors to this site who ask to attend Kehila Chadasha High Holiday services and who sign up online will be asked to register as site users. Visitors are encouraged to read the sections above dealing with cookies and the security of credit card transactions made on this site.
- Kehila Chadasha collects names and addresses of non-members and guests who attend its High Holiday services solely for its use in contacting attendees to invite them to join us for other events. We sometimes provide this information to Am Kolel for its use in notifying members and non-members of cultural, religious, and educational programs they sponsor. Kehila Chadasha does not sell or trade this information to any other organizations.
Privacy Policies Pertaining to Members
- All personal information pertaining to members of Kehila Chadasha or non-members affiliated with its Sunday School is contained in a section of the website that is not available to the general public. To retrieve information from the secure section of the website, members and school families are asked to log in. Kehila Chadasha takes all reasonable steps to protect the privacy and security of this information.
- Because of Kehila Chadasha’s need to protect the privacy and personal information pertaining to its members, members are not permitted to share their login information with non-members. If members perceive a need for a non-member to have access to password-protected areas of the website, they should contact the President or Vice President to seek a login for the non-member.
- Kehila Chadasha does not sell or trade its membership list to anyone or make it available for use by other organizations.