We welcome new members!
Kehila Chadasha is a member-run community. All members contribute to planning, running, and enjoying activities.
What it means to be a member:
- Weekly adult education lectures and conversation (history, social justice, the arts); coffee and schmoozing; Sunday morning music and Sunday School classes
- Monthly Shabbat onegs (community dinners with singing and activities)
- Creative holiday celebrations including Sukkot, Hanukkah, Purim, Passover and more
- High Holidays services, including children’s and teen programs
- Annual weekend retreat for adults and kids – with learning, playing, good food, and the great outdoors
- Community support in times of need
Kehila Chadasha strives to keep dues as low as possible (e.g., we do not own a building). Membership fees for the 2021-2022 year are:
$1,610 for families/couples
$805 for individuals
Dues include High Holidays tickets for adults. In addition, Sunday School tuition is heavily discounted for members. Our philosophy is that finances should never be a barrier to membership in Kehila.
“We joined Kehila not just for the Sunday School for our children, but because the adult education programs are uniformly fascinating, encouraging us all to think about what it means to be Jewish.” – Adav Noti
“I have always been moved by the warmth and love that is generated by the community. This has been strongly manifested during the COVID-19 crisis, with the shabbat and seder sing-alongs online. I cherish them!” – Barbara Jasny
“We joined Kehila because of the sense of community and openness to our mixed family.” – Adam Berger