Our education programs for children, teens, and adults are held on Sunday mornings at Bethesda–Chevy Chase High School. Our Sunday school is open to the children of members and non-members. Sunday mornings start with morning sing, followed by Sunday School classes and Adult Education.
Kehila is hiring for the 2020-21 school year! Click here for details.
We offer a lively, creative program that appeals to a variety of learners with experiential and play-based classes, including Hebrew Through Movement and great electives such as Hebrew Harmonica, Jews on the Run, Jewish humor and more. The school-wide, themed curriculum is tailored to each class.
Teen Youth Group
Our teen youth group emphasizes social action, Jewish values, leadership, and hands-on experiences.
Sunday morning adult education is an integral part of Kehila, promoting opportunities for lifelong learning for all members. Adult education features engaging speakers on historical, literary, religious, political, entertainment, and scientific topics.
A sampling of past topics includes:
- Global Warming: A Jewish Perspective
- Jews and Palestinians: Parallel Narratives Never Meet
- Being Good: The Art and Science of Making Ethical Decisions
- The Stages of Memory: Reflections on Memorial Art, Loss, and the Spaces Between
- Spirituality and Activism in Times of Struggle
- Violence, Police Brutality, and Steps Towards Reform
- Patriotism, Sacrifice, and Antisemitic Hostility
- Israel-diaspora Relations and Concerns over Human Rights in Israel and the Occupied Territories